Become a leader and innovator in bioinformatics with a professional education from Mississippi Valley State University with a Master of Science in Bioinformatics. Our curriculum combines biology, computer science, and information technology with real-world knowledge and experience that will give you the skills essential to excel in this field. As bioinformatics continues to evolve, informed professionals like you will not only shape the discipline but will also use it to make a transformation in our world. A Master of Science in Bioinformatics leads professionals to careers such as software engineer, microbiologist, data scientist, clinical data manager, biostatistician, and so much more.
To be considered for admission, a first-time graduate student or a student transferring from a graduate program at another university or from another graduate program at Mississippi Valley State University must fulfill the following general admissions requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university;
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- An acceptable GRE general test score (verbal and quantitative combined)
- Two lab based science courses, a statistics course, a calculus course, and a computer science course;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- A statement of interest;
- Complete transcripts of undergraduate work or any previous, relevant graduate work;
- Submit TOFEL scores, if an international student; and
- A completed MVSU Graduate School application.
An applicant may be granted regular or conditional admission to the Master of Science Program in Bioinformatics (BF). The general guidelines of the MVSU graduate studies apply.